Operation Sindoor Update, Pak Ceasefire Violation: The Indian Air Force said on Sunday it had successfully concluded the tasks assigned to it under Operation Sindoor with “precision and professionalism.” The development comes a day after Pakistan breached the ceasefire understanding reached earlier at its own request. The IAF is set to hold a detailed briefing in due course, its media coordination centre wrote on microblogging site X (formerly Twitter).
This is what the IAF handle said:
- IAF has successfully executed its assigned tasks in Operation Sindoor with precision and professionalism
- Operations were conducted in a deliberate and discreet manner
- Operations were aligned with National Objectives
- Since the Operations are still ongoing, a detailed briefing will be conducted in due course
- The IAF urges all to refrain from speculation and dissemination of unverified information
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has successfully executed its assigned tasks in Operation Sindoor, with precision and professionalism. Operations were conducted in a deliberate and discreet manner, aligned with National Objectives.
Since the Operations are still ongoing, a detailed…
— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) May 11, 2025
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates BrahMos unit in Lucknow
Speaking at the inauguration of a BrahMos unit in Lucknow, UP, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh reiterated that Operation Sindoor was to bring to justice the terrorist involved in the April 22 attack in Pahalgam, Jammu and Kashmir.
He also said that the world has once again witnessed that India can give an apt response to terrorism on both sides of its international borders.
PM Modi meets with top security brass after Pak ceasefire violations
Earlier on Sunday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a meeting with the country’s top security brass in the national capital. The Defence Minister, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, and the Chief of Defence Staff were present in the meeting.
Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump praised the leadership and wisdom of both India and Pakistan for de-escalating the conflict. However, his post on the social media platform TRUTH did not mention Pakistan’s late Saturday ceasefire violations.
On May 10, the Ministry of External Affairs confirmed that Pakistan had seriously violated the understanding reached earlier that day, following US-mediated talks. At Pakistan’s request, both sides had agreed to a ceasefire effective from 5 pm, Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri said in a brief statement.
That announcement came after several days of swift, proportionate, and responsible action by the Indian Armed Forces in response to Pakistan’s repeated military escalations on Indian soil.
India-Pakistan Conflict | Donald Trump praises both sides for their leadership & wisdom; no mention of Pak ceasefire violations: Catch latest updates here